Saturday 3 September 2016

Told You


"We should stop," I said.
Mary rolled her eyes as we passed another gas station. Just then I heard a beep and a light flashed on the dashboard. I didn't have to look. I knew what it was. The car was telling us we were almost out of gas.
"Told you," I said.
"Thatcher," said Mary, "just be calm." Her fingers closed tightly around the steering wheel. A heavy mist began to roll over the highway.
"I am calm," I said. "This is getting serious. Maybe we should turn around."
"There's a gas station just over this hill," Mary replied, nodding ahead.
We crested the hill and saw no gas station. I looked sideways at Mary. She scowled back at me. I shook my head. I couldn't help feeling anxious.
"Just around this curve," Mary said, "There's a gas station just around this next curve. You'll see."

No comments:

Post a Comment